Thursday 27 February 2014

The Technical Stuff

This blogging side of things is amazingly simple.
You just type in a box, press delete a few times and then type in a box again, press 'save' and 'publish' and Bob's Your Uncle/Fanny's Your Aunt, it appears live on the website.
Editing the actual website is a different matter, though.
For a start, my laptop doesn't like the website facility. It hasn't got an unhealthy personal vendetta against it (you know, like in a Jason Statham movie) or anything like that; it just freezes and shows no interesting whatsoever in thawing.
And so, I have to put an extra jumper on and dust down the PC in the back bedroom.
And that is where the fun begins.
Things move where they have no right moving. Things become smaller when they should be getting bigger (sound familiar?) Everything I touch is a disaster. I start tearing my hair out, and to be frank, its doing a pretty good job falling out on its own, thank you.
The voice on one shoulder tells me I could do it on my own, that I'm a perfectly capable, productive member of society. The voice on the other shoulder tells me that I'm a no-good, useless technophobe. The same voices which appear when I attempt to assemble an IKEA wardrobe.
Anyway, I took the easy option. I contacted Martyn, who put together the website in the first place. I blamed my tools. Made excuses. Asked for help.
The guy is great at these things (I've said this before but check out his website at bloodguts.co.uk) and overnight things have started appearing at the right size and in the right place.
Martyn, thank you. You have put those pesky voices to sleep.
(I've just wondered whether it is normal to have these voices. Do other people have them? If not, this piece is a work of fiction, the characters portrayed to not reflect real life...)

No comments:

Post a Comment