Saturday 28 February 2015

Thought of The Day

I'm not really into Thoughts of the Day, because usually people nod their heads wisely in agreement without having a clue what it means.

I remember somebody telling me once that he read a few pages of a philosophy book and he couldn't understand a word of it.
"It was brilliant," he said.
"But how do you know it was brilliant?" I asked. "You didn't understand a word of it."
"Exactly," he said.

Now you may think that was incredibly profound, but I've studied it from every possible angle and I still conclude that this was a dumb-ass trying in vain to be intelligent.

Anyway, I'm going to be a complete hypocrite now. I was watching Undercover Boss Canada yesterday and a young lady who had transformed her life beyond recognition had the following statement tattooed on her arm -

"I know who I am and I know who I could be if I choose to be."

I did like that.
And I think I understood it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment