Sunday 11 May 2014

Tales of the Unexpected

Hello, hello, hello!
When I was young (or younger than I am now) I had pen-pals. The thrill of receiving a letter through the letter-box was immense. Much, more more enjoyable than a message popping up on your email screen, I promise you (in some ways, I am quite anti-technology).
Anyway, yesterday morning I was clearing out my cabinet (the clearing out of my cabinet is very irrelevant) when something that sounded big dropped through the letter-box (no, it wasn't a bomb).
It was a package from Amazon. Nothing unusual there. Although, unusually, I haven't ordered anything from Amazon in quite some time. I tore open the cardboard packaging (I am very strong) and it was a book entitled The Expectant Dad's Survival Handbook.
Somebody had taken the time to buy the book and arrange for it to be delivered to me! I was very touched.
I've just found out (over a day later) who it is - one of my best friends, Adrian.
What a star!
Anyway, the moral of the story is - good old-fashioned surprises kick arse!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment