Sunday 20 April 2014

Nesting

Happy Easter Sunday!
Its a fact. I have read it in a book, and so it must be true. A few weeks before a pregnant lady is due to give birth (maybe 'pregnant' is unnecessary here as I guess you aren't going to give birth unless you are pregnant, but hey-ho, bore off) her natural 'nesting' instinct develops. Similar to a whole host of animals in the animal kingdom, she has an overwhelming desire and compulsion to create a perfect environment in which to deliver her newborn into the world. Which equates to a deep clean of the house.
All of this makes perfect sense. Apart from one bit. When a lady is 8 months pregnant she should not be lifting or exercising too rigorously, and she is advised to keep away from products containing bleach.
Which means I've been busy cleaning the house while my wife delivers instructions from the comfort of her sofa.
I'd better go clean that oven, then!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment