Monday 31 March 2014

Thinking outside the box

Now, 'thinking outside the box' is most definitely a cliche, unless of course you are outside a box and having a good old think, in which case it is merely a description.
Anyway, back to planet earth.
When I was sixteen a sent a letter to The Daily Mail. It got published and I earnt myself a fiver. It was the Junior Letters section, and to make the letter look more impressive, I said that I was fourteen rather than sixteen.
'Thinking outside the box,' my dad said.
'Lying little cheat,' my mum said.
What relevance is all this, I hear you ask.
Very little, I secretly think.
I am going to interview an avid reader, as opposed to an avid writer. Why? Because they are a vital piece of the jigsaw. Does a tree falling in a forest make a noise if nobody hears it? Would writers write if there were no readers?
I think it will be fascinating, and of interest to both readers and writers.
Thinking outside the box?
I'm not sure, but it sounds good either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment