Monday 24 March 2014

Catfish

Oh my days....!
Have you seen the MTV show Catfish?
If not, I'm going to tell you about it. If you have, I'm going to tell you about if anyway.
Just listen up and stop the moaning.
Right, the show brings together couples who have been having an online relationship but have yet to meet in the flesh.
Sometimes when they link, it is everything they hoped for. They hold hands, go for walks in the park and Celine Dion starts singing in the background.
I said sometimes for a reason.
What usually happens is that the beautiful lady from the online profile turns out to be a bloke with more body hair than an oranutang on steroids.
Hearts are broken, tears are spilled and it makes for painfully addictive viewing.
I'm fascinated with all the digital communications. False profiles appear to be more common than you think. People seem to be hiding away from their own unhappy lives and creating their own imaginary personas.
I find it rather terrifying.
I have already written a short story covering the subject and I am developing the Idea for my novel.
If you are interested in a subject it makes it so much easier to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment